Chargé d'études / macroéconomie / Luxembourg / Contrat Durée IndéterminéeProfile
The aim is to assist the head of an economic policy department at the highest level of the state in his daily duties, i.e. preparing forecasts, answering to many questions of the policy makers. You will apply your skill in economics and econometrics, use a range of existing quantitative systems. You will work directly at our customer’s premises in Luxembourg. Once you’ll have passed the trial period the projects are on a long-term basis (in years of activity) giving you the opportunity to deepen topics.
You will be integrated in a team of 5-6 persons.Required skills:
- A proven high-level macroeconomist with an undoubtably passion for the world economy and related geopolitical interactions between countries; your knowledge of the Luxembourgish economy will be an asset;
- Very confident in the way to translate your ideas in quantitative systems using data analysis techniques econometrics and modelling;
- Sufficient programming skill to write reproduceable procedures in the software of the field (see below)
- A clear understanding of the policy-makers’ needs and expectations, complemented by a capacity to react quickly on requests;
- Excellent level in French and in English (either reading, writing and speaking) ; Luxemburgish and German are an asset;
- Excellent capabilities in writing notes and reports ready to be distributed at the government level.
open-ended contract Country of the law under which the contract is placed :
Full-time Position Location :
Geographical mobility from the workplace : 31 >> 60KmCharacteristics of ideal applicant
: Highest educational level completed: number of years studied and completed with a diploma after highschool : +5
Last diploma : Master minimum, PhD better.
Known Tools / Software/ Methods : Eviews, GAMS, Ms-Excel.
Job not accessible to persons without qualification
Job not accessible to persons without experienceLanguage:
French : Native
Mobility by geographical zone :